To be an independent and competent Supreme Audit Institution that promotes trust, accountability and transparency in the utilization of public resources.
To strengthen the Legislature’s oversight regarding management of public resources by carrying out independent audits that assure the accountability of government’s ethical and effective public service and good governance.
- To actively encourage and work with Legislators for the passage of the GAC Act to make the GAC compliant with Lima and Mexico declarations.
- To develop and build capacity, professionalism and motivation of the GAC Staff through targeted training.
- To improve communications internal and external in the understanding of the role of GAC among all stakeholders.
- To fully implement international Auditing Standards and best practices for Supreme Audit Institutions in producing timely high quality reports.
- To set the example for good governance by the GAC producing annual audited financial statements.
- To own a facility that is environmentally safe, comfortable, and encourages staff productivity.
- To build an institution that is counted amongst the premiere Supreme Audit Intuitions in Africa.
Integrity, Transparency, Respect for Peers, Credibility, Independence, Professionalism, Inclusiveness.